To begin broadcasting your screen on TRDR.tv, first you'll need a TRDR.tv account.
Once you've signed up for a TRDR.tv account, visit your dashboard or channel page to enable your account for broadcasting.
Next, you'll need a moderately powerful computer, along with broadcasting software.
Starting with your computer, here's our recommended specifications.
Your GPU isn't the biggest factor but it is recommended to have a card that supports DirectX 10 and up.
- CPU: Intel Core i5-4670 or AMD Equivalent
- MEMORY: 8GB DDR3 SDRAM
- OS: Windows 7 Home Premium or OSX 10.10.4
To broadcast to TRDR.tv, you'll need broadcasting software.
There are a number to choose from including OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) XSplit, FFSplit and more.
This guide will describe how to setup OBS.
Once you've downloaded the broadcast software of your choice, take the time to explore the settings and then feel free to experiment. Use the TRDR.tv Dashboard to view both your stream and chat room to monitor your success.
Click here to download Open Broadcaster Software: http://obsproject.com/download
Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) is a free open-source software made by http://obsproject.com and offers customizable plugins as well as a full suite of scene and source features.
Getting Started and Setup:
After downloading OBS, navigate to your settings by clicking Settings > Settings or clicking Settings on the bottom right button menu.
A screenshot demonstrating this is below:
- Select your language.
- Max bitrate should be 3300 or 80% of your upload throughput, whichever is lower. Recommended bitrates for different resolutions are listed below.
- Buffer Size is recommended to be equal to the max bitrate. Setting this lower will have the encoder closer to the targeted bitrate. We do not recommend changing this unless you know what you are doing.
- Recommended bitrate for 1080p: 3000-3500
- Recommended bitrate for 720p: 1800-2500
- Recommended bitrate for 480p: 900-1200
- Recommended bitrate for 360p: 600-800
- Recommended bitrate for 240p: Up to 500
- Stream type : Custom Streaming Server
- URL: rtmp://184.108.40.206:1935/live
- Play Path/Stream Key:
See your dashboard
- Video Adapter should be set by default. If you have more than one, select the adapter you want to trade on.
- Base resolution typically is your monitor's resolution. You can alternatively select a monitor to default this.
- Resolution Downscale is the resolution that you send to our servers. Lower resolutions will consume less bandwidth overall, and use much less processing power.
- Filter should be "Bilinear" unless you have issues with blurring in your downscaling. Bicubic and Lanczos are both supported, but will take additional processing.
- FPS is recommended to be 30.
First, you need to create a scene with the + button.
Then, create a new source "Window Capture".
And select your window and click "OK"
And click "Start Streaming" button!